K-5 Teacher Resources
The Georgia Standards of Excellence for Social Studies – Economic Understandings
Economic Terms for Georgia’s Elementary Grades
These are the terms mentioned in the Economic Understandings of the Georgia Standards of Excellence. The definitions of these terms are intended to provide clarity to teachers regarding the specific economic meanings.
We are proud to offer an extraordinary professional learning experience just for kindergarten through fifth grade teachers…the K-5 Economic Education Expo (#K5E3)! This year’s event will be held in-person on the beautiful campus of the University of West Georgia in Carrollton.
The purpose of this conference is to inspire and equip educators to teach Georgia’s economics and personal finance standards effectively with reliable resources and engaging instructional strategies. Our hope is that you will leave this event refreshed and energized to teach this vital subject with confidence and enthusiasm.
What We Will Provide Each Participant:
– A cool conference t-shirt
– All meals
– Housing accommodations in The Oaks residence hall on UWG’s campus for the night of June 22
* Participants staying overnight will need to bring their own bedding, towel/washcloth, and toiletries.
* Rooms provided are double occupancy. Please contact Angie Battle at firstname.lastname@example.org for details for single occupancy options.
– All instructional resources shared during presentations, including picture books and digital materials
– A fun and relaxing opportunity to hang out and learn with other fabulous teachers like yourself
June 22 -
9:00am-9:55am ~ Light breakfast (on campus), pick up conference badge and t-shirt
10:00am-12:30pm ~ Conference sessions
12:30pm-1:15pm ~ Lunch (on campus)
1:15pm~4:00pm ~ Conference sessions
4:00pm-4:45pm ~ Room check-in
6:30pm-8:30pm ~ Dinner/reception (on campus)
June 23 -
7:30am-8:45am ~ Breakfast (on campus)
9:00am-11:30am ~ Conference sessions
11:30am-12:15pm ~ Lunch (on campus)
12:15pm~3:30pm ~ Conference sessions
3:30pm-3:45pm ~ Survey/Dismissal
3:45pm-5:00pm ~ Room checkout
– Part 1 – Register using this link.
– Part 2 – Mail a check for $50 to GCEE at the address below to hold your spot. This check will be handed back to you at the conclusion of the conference before you head home.
Georgia Council on Economic Education
c/o Angie Battle (K5E3)
P.O. Box 1619
Atlanta, GA 30301-1619
– Early bird registration is from April 13 – May 13, 2022.
– Registration will be accepted until June 13, 2022.
– If you register for this event by May 13, 2022, and you attend both Expo days in June, you will be entered into a special drawing for a $100 Amazon gift card.
– Registration is not finalized until the check for $50 made out to GCEE is received. A confirmation email will be sent at that time.
– Cancellation by June 13, 2022 – Your check will be mailed back to you.
– Cancellation after June 13, 2022 – Your check will not be returned to you.
– Please email email@example.com prior to June 13 if you need to cancel.